Security Installation Engineer – South East
Why work for us?
- Performance Related Bonus – opportunity to earn up to additional £2,000 yearly (paid quarterly)
- High OTE available
- Paid Travel time after 30 minutes
- Paid Overtime at premium rate
- Full Remote Technical Support
- Company Car with private use option
- Life Insurance
- Company Health Care Plan
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Immediate start available
- Career development opportunities
- Referral Scheme
- Employee Benefits Programme including shopping vouchers and discount; up to £1,200 a year on real savings for everyday needs
Key Purpose of the Job
Installation and commission of security systems to include but not limited to CCTV, access control and intruder alarm systems.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Installation of electronic security systems to a high standard including adds, moves and changes to existing systems
- A good technical knowledge Intruder Alarms, Access Control and CCTV.
- Excellent knowledge in Intruder alarm signalling devices e.g., Emizon, Dual-Com and Webway
- Excellent communication skills with customers whilst carrying out works at customer sites.
- Exceptional customer service skills and a clean, tidy, and professional work ethic at all times.
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing environments, products, and requirements.
- Product and parts knowledge of associated alarm products and other security equipment.
- Being able to read and interpret building plans and CAD drawings.
- Work closely with the customer to meet the install requirement and specification
- Effective communication between customers, KST management, install supervisory staff and the installation admin department
- Working alone or within a team covering a defined geographical area
- Complete all provided documentation including site schematics/drawings and return to Installation admin department
- Effective planning and management of work.
- Engineer to be expected to travel and work away on occasions
- Always adhere to Health & Safety and toolbox talks
- The post holder will ensure the health, safety, and welfare of themselves and their team in accordance with the KST policy
- The post holder will understand the regulatory, fair trading and competition rules relating to their work sufficiently to be able to comply with them, relying on their own knowledge or on their ability to recognise that they will need specialist support
- To support actively always, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- Implement and act in accordance with the organisations information security policies
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference
- Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation.
- Any other reasonable requests from the management
Essential requirements for the job
- Minimum of 3 years in the electronic security industry with good working knowledge all systems
- Should be fully conversant of NSI standards
- Fully conversant with Network/IP based and analogue CCTV systems
- Knowledge and experience of access control and intruder systems.
- Applicants must have a clean full UK driving licence
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Be able to work nights and weekends
- Be able to meet tight deadlines working with other contractors on site
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties appropriate to the pay band. The post may change overtime to reflect the developing needs of the organisation as well as the personal development needs of the post holder.
The job holder and line manager will review this job description at least annually. The above job description had been discussed and agreed that this job description and person specification accurately describes the above post.