Security Installation Engineer – North West
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties appropriate to the pay band. The post may change overtime to reflect the developing needs of the organisation as well as the personal development needs of the post holder.
The job holder and line manager will review this job description at least annually. The job description has been discussed and agreed that the job description and person specification accurately describe the post.
Why work for Kings?
- Extremely Competitive and Uncapped OTE
- Company vehicle with private use option AND a fuel card AND paid travel time after 30 minutes
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Overtime available, paid at a premium rate
- Life Insurance
- Company Health Care Plan and EAP
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Referral Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Benefits Programme including shopping vouchers and discount; up to £1,200 a year on real savings for everyday needs.
- Supportive Work Environment – continuous remote technical support, career progression opportunities and company equipment provided.
- Wagestream – Get instant access to your wages through our financial wellbeing tool.
Key Job Responsibilites:
- Installation of electronic security systems to a high standard including adds, moves and changes to existing systems
- You will possess good technical knowledge on Intruder Alarms, Access Control and CCTV.
- Excellent knowledge in Intruder alarm signalling devices e.g., Emizon, Dual-Com and Webway
- Excellent communication skills with customers whilst carrying out works at customer sites.
- Exceptional customer service skills and a clean, tidy, and professional work ethic at all times.
- You will need to have the ability to learn and adapt to changing environments, products, and requirements.
- Product and parts knowledge of associated alarm products and other security equipment.
- Being able to read and interpret building plans and CAD drawings.
- You will be working closely with the customer to meet the install requirements and specifications
- Effective communication between customers, KST management, install supervisory staff and the installation admin department
- Be able to demonstrate you have the ability to work alone or within a team covering a defined geographical area
- Complete all provided documentation including site schematics/drawings and return to Installation admin department
- Effective planning and management of work.
- You will be expected to travel and work away on occasions
- Always adhere to Health & Safety and toolbox talks
- You will ensure the health, safety, and welfare of yourself and your team in accordance with the KST policy
- You will understand the regulatory, fair trading and competition rules relating to your work to sufficiently be able to comply with them, relying on your own knowledge or on your ability to recognise that you will need specialist support
- To support actively always, company policy and best practice in security, with emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- Implement and act in accordance with the organisations information security policies
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference
- Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation.
- Any other reasonable requests from the management
- 3+ years in the electronic security industry with good working knowledge all systems
- Should be fully conversant of NSI standards
- Fully conversant with Network/IP based and analogue CCTV systems
- Knowledge and experience of access control and intruder systems.
- Applicants must have a clean full UK driving licence
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Be able to work nights and weekends
- Be able to meet tight deadlines working with other contractors on site