Technical Support Engineer (Shifts)
Key Purpose of the Job
Working alongside the Customer Services and Scheduling departments to provide customer and engineering support in a timely and efficient manner. To prioritise workload and meet contractual deadlines. Portray Kings Secure in a professional manner. To work as part of a team to achieve an impeccable delivery of service.
Reducing the amount of calls passed to field-based engineers by use of remote diagnostic tools and phone advice.
This role requires shift working in line with the departments 24/7 operation
Key Job Responsibilities
1. To provide technical support to end users and engineers both internally and externally.
2. To ensure prompt and accurate processing of customer requests whether received by telephone, written correspondence and electronically via e-mail and web portals.
3. To ensure prompt and accurate information is scheduled.
4. To answer customer telephone calls ensuring internal customer service standards are met.
5. To provide a positive experience for customers ensuring prompt and accurate information is captured.
6. Any other reasonable requests from the line manager and SLT members.
7. To provide support to the Service Scheduling Team when required.
8. The post holder will ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and their team in accordance with the Kings Policy
9. To actively support at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
10. Post holder is authorised to access, use or disclose customer information only when needed to do so to perform operational duties. Any other access use or disclosure may only be made on receipt of additional authority in accordance with BS7858 – information security
11. Implement and act in accordance with the organisations information security policies
12. Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
13. Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management
14. Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation
15. Highlight any issues identity to the relevant parties such as account managers, area managers and line managers.
16. Embrace new customers and technologies the company adopts
Essential requirements for the job
Candidate to have a minimum of 3 years’ experience across multiple disciplines including Intruder, CCTV, Access Control.
Excellent telephone manner
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to prioritise workloads
Exceed all tasks given
Be an ambassador for Kings at all times, displaying quality and excellence in all dealings with external and internal customers and suppliers
Ability to work within a continually changing environment
Network/IP based product experience
Desirable requirements for the job
Basic Fire Systems knowledge
Experience of UDL software
Experience working on Sentinel plus
Experience on Protean Operating System
Remote customer support Experience
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties appropriate to the pay band. The post may change overtime to reflect the developing needs of the organisation as well as the personal development needs of the post holder.
The job holder and line manager will review this job description at least annually. The above job description had been discussed and agreed that this job description and person specification accurately describes the above post.