Technical Support Engineer- Bradford
Reporting to: Technical Support Supervisor
Key Purpose of the Job
Working alongside the Customer Services and Scheduling departments to provide customer and engineering support in a timely and efficient manner. Reducing the amount of calls passed to field based engineers by use of remote diagnostic tools and phone advice for both fire and security related calls. Shift pattern incorporates working 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts between 7am and 7pm and 7pm and 7am.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- To provide technical support to end users and engineers both internally and externally.
- To ensure prompt and accurate processing of customer requests whether received by telephone, written correspondence and electronically via e-mail and web portals.
- To ensure prompt and accurate information is scheduled.
- To prioritise work load and meet contractual deadlines.
- Portray Kings Security in a professional manner and work as part of a team to achieve an impeccable delivery of service.
- To answer customer telephone calls ensuring internal customer service standards are met.
- To provide a positive experience for customers ensuring prompt and accurate information is captured.
- Any other reasonable requests from the line supervisors and Head of Service.
- Provide first line support to the customer to see if the call can be resolved before passing to the service team
- To provide support to the Service Scheduling Team when required.
- The post holder will ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and their team in accordance with the Kings Policy
- To actively support at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- Post holder is authorised to access, use or disclose customer information only when needed to do so to perform operational duties. Any other access use or disclosure may only be made on receipt of additional authority in accordance with BS7858 – information security
- Implement and act in accordance with the organisations information security policies
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation
Essential requirements for the job:
- Candidate to have a minimum of 3 years experience across multiple disciplines including Intruder,CCTV, Access Control & Fire
- Customer focused
- Excellent telephone manner
- PC Literate
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Exceed all tasks given
- Be an ambassador for Kings at all times, displaying quality and excellence in all dealings with external and internal customers and suppliers
- Ability to work within a continually changing environment
- General varied product knowledge on fire systems
- Network/IP based product experience
Essential requirements for the job:
- Experience of UDL software
- Experience working on Cash4windows
- Experience working on Sentinel plus
- Experience working on Aeromark
- FIA Training
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties appropriate to the pay band. The post may change overtime to reflect the developing needs of the organisation as well as the personal development needs of the post holder.
The job holder and line manager will review this job description at least annually. The above job description had been discussed and agreed that this job description and person specification accurately describes the above post.