Senior Project Manager
Key Purpose of the Job
To support the business with project Bid reviews, planning, design technical reviews, execution, monitoring, controlling to project closure across all projects, supporting and leading the project manager’s team as well as your own assigned high-profile clients/projects. Working closely with the head of technical services to monitor and lead and develop the project managers team with industry and contractual best practices.
Working closely with department heads to increase revenue, achieve productivity goals and contribute to the organisation’s overall success. As the key player in a company’s management department, the Senior Project Manager will ensure that all assigned tasks are completed on time and that all rules and regulations of the organisation are enforced.
Salary: Competitive + Company Car/Car Allowance
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Project status weekly and monthly reporting in support with project managers team members to the Op’s team and line manager
- Project financial monitoring in support with other project managers to the Op’s team and line manager
- Project Manage the successful implementation and delivery of the service model to client requirements.
- Supervision of the specialist/subcontractor and commissioning teams to ensure all site-based activities and installations are progressed in line with contractual requirements and within applicable industry standards.
- Develop strong working relationships with clients, colleagues and collaborative partners representing the client’s or organisation’s interests.
- Working closely with the Head of Technical services and Operations team to review projects, record, monitor and advise of any defects and specification deviations.
- Responsible for the implementation of procedures for the execution of work.
- Planning and scheduling of workforce and equipment requirements for jobs – ensuring jobs are delivered within budget and margin expectation.
- Conduct regular safety and quality audits on the Engineers and Sub-Contractors and monitor Health & Safety of allocated staff and Sub-Contractors.
- Forecasting of revenues and margins.
- Support staff internally and follow escalation lines for resolving conflicts or issues.
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly progress reports to client showing progression throughout the program.
- Managing of method statements, risk assessments, COSHH regulations and toolbox talks on all projects being carried out.
- Document Project Assumptions, Risk registers, issues logs, and lessons to be learned.
- Implement and act in accordance with the organisation’s information security policies.
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference.
- Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management.
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation
Essential requirements for the job:
- Experience in the design, installation, commissioning or servicing of commercial Enterprise security systems, PIDS, Intercom systems, VMS Systems and integrated platforms.
- Telecoms, monitoring and remote maintenance solutions.
- Health and safety management and CDM principal contractor awareness
- Experience of NEC/JCT contracts
- Contract negotiation and resolution
- Customer liaison at all levels
- An understanding of relevant product standards and legislation
- Ability to read drawings and interpret specifications.
- Good understanding of current British Standards
- Experience in underwriting and reviewing system designs.
- Strong MS Excel, Word and Publisher Skills
- Power point presentation skills
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Management and leadership skills
- Ability to develop strategies and organise tasks.
- Critical planning expertise and Microsoft project experience
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- Experienced in contractual negotiation, contractual entitlement and compensation event management.
- Numerically biased with an exceptional eye for detail
- Team working skills, and an ability to motivate people.
- Complete Subcontract auditing
- Controlling labour, materials, and staff to maximise efficiency.
- Accurate forecasting and monthly contract reviews
- Cost to complete forecasting
- Working practise of NEC3/JCT contracts and dependencies
- Self-management and effective planning
- Decisive decision making
- Experience of managing multiple projects within the Fire and Security industry.
- Certifications: PMP(or Prince), ITIL, CCNA, MCSE
- Organised and efficient
- Approachable & Adaptable
- Teamwork and being an influencer.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Gravitas to communicate at all levels.
- Maintaining relationships at all levels
- Company car (with private use option)/Car Allowance
- Supportive and Collaborative Environment
- Company Health Care Plan
- Company Pension
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Development Opportunities
- Referral Scheme
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Employee Benefits Programme including shopping vouchers and discount; up to £1,200 a year on reals savings for everyday needs
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wagestream – Get instant access to your wages through our financial wellbeing tool.