Security Supervisor- Warrington (Night Shift)
Job role: Shift Supervisor
Shift: Night Shifts (12 hours)
Pay Rate: £9.51
Site: Busy, fast-paced logistics site
Key Purpose of the Job
The roles purpose is to provide an effective and efficient interface between the client and the Security company, to ensure Company Policies and Procedures are implemented at all times
Key Job Responsibilities
· In conjunction with the contract manager, plan, organise and manage the site operational activities.
· To ensure Health and Safety Risk assessments, are site relevant at all times.
· To ensure compliance with all Health and Safety and Quality Policies, including completion and submission of all appropriate documentation and reports.
· To assist in the preparation and updating of site security assessments.
· To ensure site personnel are in possession of appropriate uniform and Personal Safety Equipment and immediately identify shortfalls
· To ensure identified site specific security equipment is available on site and maintained in good working order at all times.
· To check site assignment instructions are current and relevant and make recommendations for updating.
· To monitor and evaluate security standards for each site.
· To recruit, train, develop and motivate on site security staff.
· To ensure that all site security personnel are correctly accredited and licensed in accordance with SIA regulations.
· To monitor staff welfare
· To ensure compliance with the company’s and site specific health and safety policies.
· To ensure site specific staff are aware and comply with the client’s evacuation, fire, bomb scare and other emergency procedures.
· To assist in the administration of the contract, including the upkeep of staff attendance records, employee relations, accident reporting, grievance and discipline procedures
· To ensure duty rosters are prepared well in advance and staff receives early notification of their rostered duties.
· To approve and sign off proposed rotas
· To identify excessive working practises
· To instigate/investigate alleged disciplinary offences in accordance with company policies
· To identify and develop safer and efficient working practises.
· To attend training courses and meetings as requested.
· To bring to the attention of senior management areas for additional business with existing or future clients.
· To ensure all files are current and up to date.
· To maintain regular contact with your line manager
· The job-holder will have a good to high standard of general education, a pleasant manner, and must be competent in written and oral communication in English. They will need to have IT and keyboard skills.
· Candidates will show the capability of understanding and sensitive management, good personnel management skills, and an ability to deliver quality services to clients.
· Innovation with excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills with an ability to analyse on -going situations are essential.
· The job-holder will need to show a Positive approach to his role at all times.
· We expect job-holders to be methodical and accurate in their approach to the task in hand, being flexible/friendly in their attitude.
· Good communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £9.51 per hour
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties appropriate to the pay band. The post may change overtime to reflect the developing needs of the organisation as well as the personal development needs of the post holder.
The job holder and line manager will review this job description at least annually. The above job description had been discussed and agreed that this job description and person specification accurately describes the above post.