Junior CAD Technician
Key Purpose of the Job
Responsible for producing CAD drawings for Fire and Security systems from the design stage through to As Fitted drawings. Provide CAD support to all departments across King’s businesses.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Create and edit drawings, eg proposed schemes, installation/as fitted drawings, zones charts.
- Transpose proposed design scheme onto client’s drawings.
- Detailed checks on all drawings, identify and communicate any anomalies, make amendments.
- Printing/Plotting drawings.
- Carry out site surveys to produce accurate floor plans.
- Prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Liaise with all parties ensuring excellent support is provided.
- Ensure drawing records and folders are well maintained.
- Evaluate information from various sources including datasheets and British Standards to produce high professional standard drawings with good presentation and easy to understand.
- Any other reasonable requests from management
- The post holder will ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and their team in accordance with Kings Policy
- To actively support, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- The post holder will understand the regulatory, fair trading and competition rules relating to their work sufficiently to be able to comply with them, relying on their own knowledge or on their ability to recognise that they will need specialist support
Essential requirements for the job
- Experience and knowledge of AutoCAD is advantageous
- Have a high standard of education, good communication skills, familiar with Microsoft Office products and some IT knowledge. Important to have an eye for detail
- This role requires good organisation and time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines at short notice.
- Good work ethic, work well independently as well as part of a team with a flexible approach to work.
Desirable requirements for the job
- Experience in a similar role within the Fire and Security industry
- Good understanding of architectural/construction drawings
Office Roles (Standard):
- Supportive and Collaborative Environment
- Company Health Care Plan
- Company Pension
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Development Opportunities
- Referral Scheme
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Employee Benefits Programme including shopping vouchers and discount; up to £1,200 a year on reals savings for everyday needs
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wagestream – Get instant access to your wages through our financial wellbeing tool.