Gates and Barriers Electrical Installation Engineer
Key Purpose of the Job
Complete new Gates, Barriers, Bollards and Turnstiles installations as well as service and maintenance of existing equipment.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Install automation equipment for Gates, Barriers, Bollards and Turnstiles
- Automate new and existing systems.
- Be part of on call rota for emergency faults and system failures.
- Delivering excellent customer service throughout installations in line with department targets.
- Reporting and documenting the handover of a system to a client
- Complete the electronic diary and keep the office informed of progress, and any requirements for the job
- Any other reasonable requests from Management
- The post holder will ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and their team in accordance with the Kings Policy
- To actively support at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- Post holder is authorised to access, use or disclose customer information only when needed to do so to perform operational duties. Any other access use or disclosure may only be made on receipt of additional authority in accordance with BS7858 – information security
- Implement and act in accordance with the organisations information security policies
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation
Essential requirements for the job:
- Qualified electrician – Part P Certificate
- Experience of gate, barrier, bollard and turnstile installations
- Experience with Parking Facilities equipment
- Full driving license.
- Flexible work attitude, as overnight stays and weekend work is expected
- Reliable with excellent time-management skills
- Self motivated, professional and good customer service skills
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude with excellent leadership skills required.
- Ability to work to own initiative and as part of a team.
Desirable requirements for the job:
- Experience working with access control & mechanical engineering.
- Experience working directly with customers, and leading a team.
- ECS Card, CSCS Card, CAT, SPA or equivalent
- Computer literate
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties appropriate to the pay band. The post may change overtime to reflect the developing needs of the organisation as well as the personal development needs of the post holder.
The job holder and line manager will review this job description at least annually. The above job description had been discussed and agreed that this job description and person specification accurately describes the above post.