Fire & Security Engineer – South West London area
We are looking for someone with a multi-disciplined skill set across access control and fire alarm systems, intercoms, CCTV, A.O.V, intruder alarms and emergency lighting.
A typical day may involve attending several sites to investigate reported faults and report back to the office with the necessary information. Subject to quotation of work, you will resolve the issue by either repairing or replacing parts whilst on-site.
You will have a varied workload which consists of Servicing and both fault finding as well as repairing & maintenance of electronic fire alarm systems, portable extinguishers, emergency lighting & Fire and Life Safety Systems.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Servicing and maintaining various intruder, CCTV and access control systems
- Carry out corrective and preventative maintenance of fire alarm systems, emergency lighting and portable extinguishers.
- Commission/ Handover GENT & Advanced Fire Alarm systems
- Be part of an On-Call Rota for OOH callouts and telephone support
- Installation of both conventional and analogue addressable fire alarm systems to a high standard of workmanship
- Installation/commission of both conventional and analogue addressable fire alarm systems to a high standard of workmanship
- The post holder will understand the regulatory, fair trading and competition rules relating to their work sufficiently to be able to comply with them, relying on their own knowledge or on their ability to recognise that they will need specialist support
- To actively always support, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- Implement and act in accordance with the organisations information security policies
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation
- Understanding the clients’ needs and fulfilling all jobs required
Essential requirements for the job
- Excellent first-time resolution & risk management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A proven background and experience of working within fire engineering
- Experience of undertaking service, repair work
- Experience of conventional and addressable fire systems across a range of manufacturers equipment
- Good installation practices
- Knowledge of integration of detection systems into other disciplines would be a real advantage
- Full understanding to BS5839 is essential
- Full driving license
FIA Modules required
- Unit 1 – Detection Design
- Unit 5 – Service and Maintenance
Desirable requirements for the job
- GENT & Advanced Fire Alarm systems knowledge is desirable
- VESDA & Other Aspirating manufacturers is desirable
- Electrical background
- ICEL accreditation of emergency lighting
- FIA Service & Maintenance of Fire Extinguishers
- Good overall fire product knowledge
- Skill set of automatic gates and locks
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties appropriate to the pay band. The post may change overtime to reflect the developing needs of the organisation as well as the personal development needs of the post holder.
The job holder and line manager will review this job description at least annually. The above job description had been discussed and agreed that this job description and person specification accurately describes the above post.