Fire Installation Engineer – Luton
Key Purpose of the Job
Installation of electronic fire alarm systems, portable extinguishers and emergency lighting
Key Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrate systems for customers, and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Carry out corrective and preventative maintenance of fire alarm systems, emergency lighting and portable extinguishers.
- Commission/ Handover GENT & Advanced Fire Alarm systems
- Be part of an On Call Rota for OOH callouts and telephone support.
- Installation of both conventional and analogue addressable fire alarm systems to a high standard of workmanship
- Installation/commission of portable extinguishers
- To comply with all company quality, security and Health and safety policies and procedures
- Implement and act in accordance with the organizations information security policies
- Protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization
Essential requirements for the job
- ü Good communication skills
- ü A proven background and experience of working within fire engineering
- ü Experience of conventional and addressable fire systems across a range of manufacturers equipment
- ü Good installation practices
- ü Knowledge of integration of detection systems into other disciplines would be a real advantage
- ü Full understanding to BS5839 is essential
- ü Full driving license
Desirable requirements for the job
- GENT & Advanced Fire Alarm systems knowledge is desirable
- ü VESDA & Other Aspirating manufacturers is desirable
- ü Electrical background
- ü ICEL accreditation of emergency lighting
- ü FIA Service & Maintenance of Fire Extinguishers
- Good overall fire product knowledge
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties appropriate to the pay band. The post may change overtime to reflect the developing needs of the organisation as well as the personal development needs of the post holder.
The job holder and line manager will review this job description at least annually. The above job description had been discussed and agreed that this job description and person specification accurately describes the above post.