Commissioning Engineer- South
Key Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the job is to provide a high level of technical professional services and leadership in relevant systems training to customers across the Region and internal teams with regards to the installation of security solutions.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with key members of the Sales, Installation Department’s and Line Manager to further develop and deploy Kings Security Systems Ltd professional services offering.
- Provide third line engineering support on any CCTV, Access Control, Intercom and Intruder Alarm systems design, installation or maintenance as required either in person or via telephone and email.
- Apply exceptional technical knowledge in order to diagnose, problem solve and develop solutions on large complex sites and sophisticated equipment and control systems.
- In day-to-day handling of projects, demonstrate a high level of understanding of networking, operating systems (Server and Desktop), application development, database management, advice teams and customers accordingly.
- Demonstrate a vast and detailed understanding of a range of Access control, CCTV, Intruder, Intercom, UFE (Unified Front End) and Digital ID products as well as a comprehensive range of associated software and contribute with this knowledge and skills to successful delivery of Kings Security Systems Ltd projects.
- Report and escalate any product or software issues both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Direct and take personal responsibility for running technical performance of customer defined mission critical equipment and buildings.
- Support the Sales Department in pre and post Sales opportunities and product demonstrations / evaluation and ensure the customer is kept fully informed and project a positive professional image at all times.
- Provide detailed written reports on product and customer issues as required by the Line Manager and/or the Management Team.
- Provide detailed reports and feedback on Sub-Contractors installations.
- Participate in team meetings and actively contribute towards the business’ activities.
- Travel between sites during the working day.
- Strive to maximise personal development and performance and take active part in performance reviews and personal development plans. Maintain up to date technical knowledge through internal and external training provision.
- Operate according to the requirements of business-specific applications and processes and the broad application environments (e.g. order submission, stock control, timesheet submission, job closing, etc.)
- Act as Technical Support to customers and engineers on high level technical issues
- Any other reasonable requests from the management
- The post holder will ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and their team in accordance with the Kings Policy
- The post holder will understand the regulatory, fair trading and competition rules relating to their work
- sufficiently to be able to comply with them, relying on their own knowledge or on their ability to recognise
- that they will need specialist support
- To actively support at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular
- emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- Implement and act in accordance with the organisations information security policies
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation
Essential requirements for the job:
- Advance technical knowledge of Computer systems including operating systems for Server and Desktop PC’s
- including applications.
- Advanced technical knowledge of enterprise level Access Control Systems.
- Advanced technical knowledge of CCTV systems.
- Advanced technical knowledge of intercom systems.
- Advanced technical knowledge of intruder systems.
- Advanced knowledge surrounding digital electronic & electrical systems.
- Knowledge of Network infrastructure including IP sub-netting, Ports and Routing.
- Knowledge of Analytics Setup and configure.
- Experience of a number of the following security industry products will also be required: CEM, Paxton,
- Grovenor, Milestone, Genetec, HIKVision, Nedap, Xplan, Honeywell Winpak, Axis, Wavestore, Honeywell
- (Galaxy), Texecom, Digital Barriers and AgentVi
- Organised and efficient
- Approachable & Adaptable
- Team work
- Drive & Motivation
- Interpersonal skills
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties appropriate to the pay band. The post may change overtime to reflect the developing needs of the organisation as well as the personal development needs of the post holder.
The job holder and line manager will review this job description at least annually. The above job description had been discussed and agreed that this job description and person specification accurately describes the above post.