Business Development Manager- Scotland
Key Purpose of the Job
Develop and execute a sales plan to increase the Kings Security portfolio within an allocated geographic area and across identified market sectors.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Liaising with both colleagues and customers directly in a professional manner- face to face, as well as via e-mail and telephone.
- Drive significant sales growth in allocated market sectors
- Cover an allocated region, attending meetings as and when required
- Meet and exceed sales and activity targets
- Accountability for all aspects of accounts from agreeing product and specification, formatting proposals, through to the installation and invoicing In line with Company strategy.
- Working from various databases, Cash for Windows, Web based programs, MS Office.
- Maintenance and development of the customer and prospect database (CRM system)
- Maintaining and developing relationships within existing accounts, and promoting the strategic business ethos
- Ability to understand the client’s business objectives and technical needs, and to engage necessary resource to support the account
- Ability to work alongside internal account managers to ensure smooth running of account and delivery of SLA’s
- Project support to ensure that the solution sold is effectively implemented Post-Sales support to assure very high customer satisfaction and business
- Working alongside accounts team to ensure correct invoicing and timely payments
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key contacts within the security industry
- Attending key events and training sessions
- Continued training to maintain knowledge of product roadmap and latest technology changes
- Any other reasonable requests from the management
- The post holder will ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and their team in accordance with the Kings Policy
- The post holder will understand the regulatory, fair trading and competition rules relating to their work sufficiently to be able to comply with them, relying on their own knowledge or on their ability to recognise that they will need specialist support
- To actively support at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- Implement and act in accordance with the organisations information security policies
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation
Essential requirements for the job:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience selling Security Solutions and/or Services in to Large clients
- A sound technical knowledge of Fire and Security Systems
- A proven track record in new business development and account retention within the Large Corporate Business Sectors
- Proactive response to all situations
- Consultative approach with emphasis on new business opportunities
- Exceptional communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Good time management and planning skills
- An ability to work accurately under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and manage accounts effectively.
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties appropriate to the pay band. The post may change overtime to reflect the developing needs of the organisation as well as the personal development needs of the post holder.
The job holder and line manager will review this job description at least annually. The above job description had been discussed and agreed that this job description and person specification accurately describes the above post.