Area Installation Supervisor
Key Purpose of an Area Installation Supervisor
Area Install Supervisor to assist the Installation Manager and installation teams in delivering performance, quality control and exceptional performance and customer service. Providing a field-based link between the Installation Department to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. To be provide a high level of field technical expertise across all Intruder, Alarm, CCTV, Access Control. (Fire Alarm systems where applicable).
Essential requirements for the Area Installation Supervisor
- Customer focused
- Excellent people skills
- PC Literate
- Technical knowledge of multiple disciplines including Intruder, CCTV, Access Control
- Understanding of all current industry standards across all disciplines
- Experience in installation of the disciplines
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and confident
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Be an ambassador for Kings always, displaying quality and excellence in all dealings with external and internal customers and suppliers
- Ability to work within a continually changing environment
- Lead by example
Key Job Responsibilities
- Support the Installation Manager (IM) in all aspects of the business
- Role consists of 60% installing and 40% supervising but can change depending on workload
- Assist schedulers with engineer skill matrix to maximise performance.
- Assist schedulers in advising on parts compatibility or alternative parts
- Attend operational meetings and project pre-start meetings
- Monitor larger installs via site visits and audit reporting
- Understand NSI standards and support your team to enforce these.
- Deliver toolbox talks
- Ability to work within project time constraints, identifying and communicating without delay any potential risks to the project delivery dates.
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of yourself and the team in accordance with company policy.
- Assist with assessing field-based engineer’s performance and continuous improvement
- Monitor poor performance and develop improvement plans locally, assist with improvement of engineer performance by application of company procedures where necessary
- Support engineers technically and assist with problematic sites to resolve any issues
- Assist the IM with project implementation and report project issues or risk.
- Carry out subcontractor audits, ensuring performance is in line with standards and KST requirements in terms of quality and 100% compliance.
- Carry out engineer & technical audits, meter calibration & ladder inspections in line with the company planner to ensure 100% compliance.
- Carry out fleet audits and stock take of team vehicles in line with company procedures.
- Carry out internal health and safety audits and spot checks
- Provide reports and feedback on sub-contractor installations
- Adhere to and promote health and safety always.
- Carry out audits in line with company procedures to ensure 100% compliance
- Field based presence for any complaints
- Support the IM in all aspects installation delivery to meet the demands of project and business requirements
- Implement and act in accordance with the organisations information security policies
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference
- Implement security processes or activities, as requested by management
- Assist to recruit, motivate, manage, and retain highly skilled engineering resource within the area
- Ensure team working practices are maintained to a high standard always
- Any other reasonable requests from management
Desirable requirements for the job
- Network/IP based product experience
- SMSTS or SSSTS qualification
- Previous experience within a senior engineer/supervisor position
- ECS/CSCS card
Monday – Friday – 37 1/2 Hours
Competitive Salary up to £35,000 OTE
Job Type: Full-time
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties appropriate to the pay band. The post may change overtime to reflect the developing needs of the organisation as well as the personal development needs of the post holder.
The job holder and line manager will review this job description at least annually. The above job description had been discussed and agreed that this job description and person specification accurately describes the above post.