Security Personnel Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Head of Security Personnel
Key Purpose of the Job
Reporting into the Head of Security Personnel the BDM’s role will involve developing and closing new business opportunities in the manned guarding security sector.
As a BDM you will create and develop leads, attend sales events and meetings with potential new customers, understand sales and buying cycles and be capable of putting together a competitive PQQ and ITT response.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Building a database of potential service users by undertaking regular prospecting, increasing the database size
- Assisting with the development process from marketing intelligence through to client identification, pre-qualification, tendering, negotiation and contract implementation
- Undertaking cost analysis of new business opportunities.
- Identifying opportunities for new business through market research.
- Negotiating new contracts including writing and drafting tender and contract documentation.
- Provide data of monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and deliver regular feedback on the market and sales to the senior management team.
- Proactively liaise with relevant departments to stay up to date with new product launches and marketing initiatives including presenting at exhibitions, conferences and other events
- Attend customers’ sites nationally
- Any other reasonable requests from management
- The post holder will ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and their team in accordance with the Kings Policy
- To actively support at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- The post holder will understand the regulatory, fair trading and competition rules relating to their work sufficiently to be able to comply with them, relying on their own knowledge or on their ability to recognise that they will need specialist support
- Post holder is authorised to access, use or disclose customer information only when needed to do so to perform operational duties. Any other access use or disclosure may only be made on receipt of additional authority in accordance with BS7858 – information security
- Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation
Essential requirements for the job:
We are looking for an excellent communicator, persuasive and well informed about the products and services offered by their Company. The successful candidate will preferably have experience in the guarding & keyholding sector, and will be experienced in delivering board level presentations
- Commercial negotiation including T&C
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management
- Information technology understanding (Sage CRM)
- Sales experience (Consultative approach)
- Bid Project Management
- Understanding buying processes
- Understanding sales processes
- Impeccable organisational skills
- Proven track record
- Confident presentation skills
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties appropriate to the pay band. The post may change overtime to reflect the developing needs of the organisation as well as the personal development needs of the post holder.
The job holder and line manager will review this job description at least annually. The above job description had been discussed and agreed that this job description and person specification accurately describes the above post.
Any interested parties should forward an up to date CV to [email protected]
Kings Security Systems Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.