Operations Manager- Security Personnel (Northern Based)
Key Purpose of the Job
Responsibility of the company’s Security Personnel operations relating to Key holding & Alarm Response, Static Guarding and Mobile Patrols
Key Job Responsibilities
- Plan, organise and manage the operational activities of the contracts
- Prepare and update Assignment Instructions and Health and Safety Risk assessments, ensuring they are site relevant at all times and in date.
- Prepare and update site security assessments.
- Ensure site personnel are in possession of appropriate uniform and Personal Safety Equipment.
- Ensure identified site specific equipment is available on site and maintained in good working order at all times.
- Monitor and evaluate security standards for each contract
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate on site supervisors and security staff.
- Ensure that all site security personnel are correctly accredited and licensed in accordance with SIA regulations.
- Ensure that Kings Security Systems constantly meet site specific staffing requirements
- Upkeep staff attendance records, employee relations, accident reporting, grievance and discipline procedures
- Ensure duty rosters are prepared well in advance and staff receives early notification of their rostered duties.
- Manage the client portfolio in accordance with SIA/ACS requirements
- Keep up to date client files containing minutes and KPI’S
- Provide weekly reports and stats to the Head of Security Personnel
- Management of shift co-ordinator team and approval off proposed rosters
- Identify excessive working practices and identify and develop safer and efficient working practices.
- Ensure client files are current and up to date.
- Ensure Head of Security Personnel is made aware of developments, problems and other issues affecting the performance of contracts.
- Be available for re-deployment to other duties compatible with your status within the company.
- Ensure all invoicing is correct and up to date
- Lead, manage and motivate including goal setting, performance reviews, appraisals, performance management, coaching and development planning. This may involve out of hours site visits.
- Any other reasonable requests from management
- The post holder will ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and their team in accordance with the Kings Policy
- The post holder will understand the regulatory, fair trading and competition rules relating to their work sufficiently to be able to comply with them, relying on their own knowledge or on their ability to recognise that they will need specialist support
- To actively support at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- Implement and act in accordance with the organisations information security policies
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation
Essential requirements for the job
- Previous experience in the security industry or a secure environment with responsibility for managing a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines and supporting colleagues to meet deadlines
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Effective leadership and strong organisational and problem solving skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Team worker, confident in dealing with people of all levels
- Current Full Drivers Licence
- SIA (Security Industry Authority) License
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties appropriate to the pay band. The post may change overtime to reflect the developing needs of the organisation as well as the personal development needs of the post holder.
The job holder and line manager will review this job description at least annually. The above job description had been discussed and agreed that this job description and person specification accurately describes the above post.
Any interested parties should forward an up to date CV to [email protected]
Kings Security Systems Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.