Gates and Barriers Civil Installations Engineer
Key Purpose of the Job
To undertake Gates, Barriers and Bollards installations, repairs and upgrades for a wide range of customers nationwide.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Installation of Gates, Barriers & Bollards, including groundwork, gate fitting, cabling and finishing to a high standard
- Manual labour and assist automation of new and existing systems as part of a team
- Delivering excellent customer service throughout Installations in line with department targets
- Complete the electronic diary and keep the office informed of progress, and any requirements for the job
- To attend training courses on new equipment and practices as required
- Any other reasonable requests from Management
- To actively support at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- Post holder is authorised to access, use or disclose customer information only when needed to do so to perform operational duties. Any other access use or disclosure may only be made on receipt of additional authority in accordance with BS7858 – information security
- Implement and act in accordance with the organisations information security policies
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation
Essential requirements for the job:
- Ability to work to own initiative and as part of a team.
- To complete the electronic diary and keep the office informed of progress, and any requirements for the job.
- Experience in electrical gate installations, electronic systems and basic electrical knowledge is preferred.
- Welding/Fabrication skills and /or understanding
- NVQ or equivalent in construction would be preferred with past experience – Use general power tools competently and safely.
- Full driving license.
- Flexible work attitude, reliable with excellent time-management skills
- Self motivated, professional and good customer service skills
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Must be able to work flexible working hours with overnight and weekend work expected.
- ECS Card CSCS Card or equivalent
- Experience and knowledge of strict H&S operations and its practical implications
Desirable requirements for the job:
- Experience working directly with customers
- Fabrication and installation tasks including welding, grinding, cutting and some carpentry
- CAT scan training
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties appropriate to the pay band. The post may change overtime to reflect the developing needs of the organisation as well as the personal development needs of the post holder.
The job holder and line manager will review this job description at least annually. The above job description had been discussed and agreed that this job description and person specification accurately describes the above post.
Any interested parties should forward an up to date CV to [email protected]
Kings Security Systems Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.