Area Engineer Manager- London
Reporting to: Head of Engineering
Key Purpose of the Job
The AEM (Area Engineer Manager) will report to the Head of Engineering and will assist the BSM (Business Support Manager) in recruiting, retaining, motivating, developing and delivering a high standard of customer service to their customers in the allocated region.
The AEM will have full cost control and operational service delivery performance responsibility across a product or range of services in a defined area. The position demands that the job holder understands and responds to the needs of balancing service delivery requirements; thus satisfying customer expectations whilst meeting financial and performance objectives. The AEM will provide the leadership and motivation needed to promote effective industrial relations and improve the region’s efficiency and enhance Kings reputation as a quality supplier of Electronic Security & Fire related services.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- To support the Head of Engineering and Business Support Manager in all aspects of the fire and security business
- To manage resourcing in the event of sickness, leave or staffing problems by supporting other areas
- To attend monthly operational meeting to support in defining and implementing the engineering strategy of the business and identifying best practice.
- To implement business strategy within the region including planning and definition of resource to support revenue requirements/customer demands
- To lead specific engineering projects/subject areas and to present back to engineering management teams
- To recruit, motivate, manage and retain a highly skilled fire and security engineering resource within their area
- To work with their senior engineers to carry out field based engineers audits/ monitor poor performance
- Assist the business support department heads with project planning/implementation
- To work with senior engineers and external auditors to carry out Technical engineer audits and to complete meter calibration in line with the company planner to ensure 100% compliance
- To develop and manage rotas for call out to meet operational requirements
- Monitor performance of engineers productive hours vs non productive
- Resolve customer complaints to a satisfactory conclusion or escalate accordingly.
- Assist schedulers with engineer cross skill expertise to maximise SLA & KPI performance.
- Ensure timesheets are checked weekly and submitted to HQ every Tuesday by 12pm for approval
- Implement and act in accordance with all company policies including but not limited to information security policies, environmental, quality and Health and Safety.
- Manage poor performing engineers through the performance improvement programme (PIP).
- Identify and support in the management and auditing of regional sub contract partner
- Implement and act in accordance with all company policies including but not limited to information security policies, environmental, quality and Health and Safety,
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management
- Support business needs in the event of an incident by following instructions requested by management.
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation
Essential requirements for the job:
- Proven experience in a security engineering role including supervisory/FLM position
- Extensive knowledge of Intruder, Fire, CCTV, Access Control and monitored systems
- Proven experience with a variety of platforms in above areas
- Proven ability to motivate and manage an engineering team
- Demonstrates customer focused approach – can engage at senior levels
- Team player willing to share ideas / best practice and contribute to business strategy
- Ambitious individual who wants a career as opposed to a job
- Attention to detail and ability to plan and analyse data
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment and willingness to go the extra mile
Desirable requirements for the job:
- Experience in managing a fire and/or fire and security team
- Hand on experience in fire engineering
- Possess a HNC, C&G HND, BTEC, or NVQ certifications in several areas. These include Electrical engineering security or fire equivalent experience Proven ability to lead on regional/national business improvement projects
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties appropriate to the pay band. The post may change overtime to reflect the developing needs of the organisation as well as the personal development needs of the post holder.
The job holder and line manager will review this job description at least annually. The above job description had been discussed and agreed that this job description and person specification accurately describes the above post.
Any interested parties should forward an up to date CV to [email protected]
Kings Security Systems Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.